Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
207F Othmer Hall
Lincoln, NE 68588-0643
Postdoctoral Research Fellow - Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital
Ph.D., Chemical Engineering and Materials Science - Michigan State University
M.S., Chemistry - Michigan State University
B.S., Chemistry - University of Madras, India
Led by Dr. Srivatsan Kidambi, this project is expected to have a progressive impact on the study of liver fibrosis and related fields because the availability of a liver model that retains liver microenvironment (LME) will facilitate understanding of the molecular mechanisms that underlie LME activities in mechanisms critical for the maintenance of liver biology.
- Amita Daverey, Allison Drain, Srivatsan Kidambi*, “Physical Intimacy of Breast Cancer Cells with Mesenchymal Stem Cells Elicits Trastuzumab Resistance through Src Activation” Nature Scientific Reports, doi: 10.1038/srep13744 (Impact Factor = 5.6)
- Stephen Hayward, David Francis, Parviz Kholmatov, Srivatsan Kidambi*, “Targeted Delivery of MicroRNA-125a-5p by Engineered Lipid Nanoparticles for the Treatment of HER2 positive Metastatic Breast Cancer” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2016 doi: 10.1166/jbn.2016.2194 (Impact factor: 5.4)
- Vaishaali Natarajan, Christina Wilson, Stephen Hayward, Srivatsan Kidambi*, “Mitochondrial Dysregulation and Loss of Hepatic Functions due to Chronic Exposure to Titanium dioxide Nanoparticles to Primary Hepatocytes”, PLOS One, 2015 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0134541. (Impact Factor = 3.53)
- “In vitro Co-cultures of Breast Cancer Cells and Stromal Cells to Emulate Tumor Progression and miRNA Profiles of Clinical Conditions”, Amita Daverey, Karleen Brown, Srivatsan Kidambi*, Langmuir, 2015 doi:
10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b02227 ( Impact Factor = 4.4)
- “Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Loss of Glutamate Uptake in Primary Astrocytes Exposed to Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles”, Christina Wilson, Vaishaali Natarajan, Stephen Hayward, Oleh Khalimonchuk, Srivatsan Kidambi*, Nanoscale, 2015 doi
: 10.1039/c5nr03646a (Impact Factor = 7.6)
- Sunil Kumar, Dhirendra Bahadur, Amita Daverey, Vahid Khalilzad-Sharghi, Niroj Sahu, Niroj; Srivatsan Kidambi, Shadi Othman, “Dye-doped silica encapsulated magnetic nano-assemblies for dual optical/MRI imaging and hyperthermia", RSC Advances, 2015 doi: 10.1039/
C5RA07632C (Impact Factor = 3.7)
- Shyam Sundhar Bale; Nima Saeidi; Srivatsan Kidambi; Martin Yarmush; Monica Casali, “FMR1 Deficiency Alters Self-Renewal, Proliferation, and Pluripotency of Mouse Embryonic Cells”, NanoLife, 2015. doi: 10.1142/S1793984415500038 .
- Amita Daverey, Allison Drain, Karleen Drain, Srivatsan Kidambi*, “Engineering of highly controlled in vitro co-culture model to study the mesenchymal stem cells mediated signaling in breast cancer cells” Proceedings of the 105th Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research; Cancer Res 2014; 74 (19 Suppl). doi:10.1158/1538-7445.AM2014-
- Amita Daverey, Austin Mytty, Srivatsan Kidambi*, Topography Mediated Regulation of HER-2 Expression in Breast Cancer Cells”, NanoLife, 2(3), 2012 doi: 10.1142/S1793984412410097.
- Srivatsan Kidambi*, Joel Yarmush, Yevgeny Berdichevsky, Sangeetha Kamath, Wayne Fong, Joseph SchianodiCola, “Propofol induces MAPK/ERK cascade dependant expression of c-Fos and Egr-1 in rat hippocampal slices” BMC Research Notes, 17(3), 201-206, 2010.